cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Entering Items with Blank Serials

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

I am Tier 2 and use disti. I just got access to CSCC. In SMS3 I would generate quotes and I could import hardware with blank serials. I often do this when working on deals as I need to find out how much of each SMS sku I need so that I can submit for an OIP, TIP, etc. I do this well before I have the hardware and thus leave the serials blank. I go in and register after the SMS3 quotes have been processed to order and I have the relevant hardware.

I am testing out CSCC and got it to accept a WS-C2960X-48FPS-L with no serial, but got validation errors on  the following:

C2951-CME-SRST/K9
C3925-CME-SRST/K9
CISCO2911-SEC/K9

I couldn't validate the whole quote w/o removing them. Is this expected? A bug?

2 Replies 2

Zach Burdick
Level 1
Level 1

Try building an estimate instead of a quote.  With an estimate you can turn off the serila number validations in the preferences.

Once you have the SN's you will be able to convert it as a quote.  In many ways CSCC falls short of the ease of SMS3 where you could just turn a quote into pending registration.  Estimate is probably your best way to go if you dont want to have serial numbers though.  Not sure how it affects OIP

I don't have an option to do that! Guess Tier 2 doesn't get that... I guess I'll open a support case and see if I can get it added.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: