Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Description of PSS Onsite?

rfriedri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Volks,

Does anybody have a good and up-to-date service description of the Cisco Partner Support Service with ONSITE?

I can not find anything about this? How does it work? Who will make the onsite service?

Thank you for your replies!

best regards

Roman

11 Replies 11

Zach Burdick
Level 1
Level 1

Partner Support Service with Onsite Service levels are:

Service Level                   Description

PSO2                               PRTNR SUP OS 24X7X2
PSOE                               PRTNR SUP OS 8X5X4
PSOP                               PRTNR SUP OS 24X7X4

Hi Zach,

Your answer does not cover my question.

The SLA is clear which can be differentiated by the SKUs

The question was: Who will do the onsite service??

thank you and best regards

Roman

Cisco's Field Engineer will go onsite and replace the parts, not the partner.

Hi,

I am struggling to find a service definition for the these services also.

Questions I have are:

• Is the partner responsible for 1st, 2nd & 3rd line triage?
  • Where can I find out where the engineers are based in the UK and what skills or technologies are covered?
  • While I understand the engineer will replace any faulty parts, does the service include troubleshooting complex faults remotely from Cisco TAC and onsite?
  • What's the difference with this service compared to Smartnet services? 

A service definition document would be very helpful. 

Thanks

Stephen

Hi,

I am struggling to find a service definition for these services also.

Questions I have are:

• Is the partner responsible for 1st, 2nd & 3rd line triage?
  • Where can I find out where the engineers are based in the UK and what skills or technologies are covered?
  • While I understand the engineer will replace any faulty parts, does the service include troubleshooting complex faults remotely from Cisco TAC and onsite?
  • What's the difference with this service compared to Smartnet services? 

A service definition document would be very helpful. 

Thanks

Stephen

Hi all,

does anyoane answered to this questions?

i am also interested

please share the findings

thank you

Ronan,

The person who does the onsite is supplied by the partner.  Depending on how the partner is set up the resource could be 3rd party or provided by the partner.  The distinction for onsite though is C4P is a Cisco badged engineer while for partner shared it would be an engineer provided by the partner.  

This answers part of my question.  I have one other question needing clarification.  Assuming that the partner is responsible for providing an onsite technician, does this mean that for 24x7x4 support, the Partner will send a technician onsite within 4 hours of receiving a call from the customer?

Yes. Together with the replacement part. We must check first the availability in Service Avalability Matrix

Information copied from: CISCO PUBLIC Onsite Field Engineer Duties Description.doc

Cisco CX Onsite Field Engineer Duties Description

This document provides additional information about what responsibilities a Field Engineer (FE) has while onsite at a customer location:

• Field Engineer arrives within the contracted service level (e.g., 2-hr / 4-hr / NCD / NBD).
  • Customer can also opt to schedule the Field Engineer arrival. • With 2-hr and 4-hr service levels, customer can schedule FE arrivals any hour of the day/week
  • With NCD and NBD service levels, FE arrival times are limited to 8:30 AM (earliest arrival time) to 3:30 PM (latest arrival time) and scheduling is only available the day after the part arrival.
  • Coordinates between Customer identified point of contact (POC), FE, Cisco virtual internetworking support engineer (VISE) and technical assistance center (TAC).
  • Supports reactive maintenance need via onsite replacement of impacted Cisco hardware.
  • Executes replacement procedures according to Cisco best practices.
  • Restores device to original configuration (including hardware, software (IOS, firmware), and configuration), as applicable.
  • Confirms issue resolution with the customer prior to departure.
  • Manages return of faulty parts back to Cisco.

Notable exceptions include:

▪ Parts weighing over 50lbs (25kg)

▪ Parts that are too large to transport

▪ Site locations were FE transportation prevents safe transit

▪ FE will not take responsibility for any part which contains read/write-able media

▪ Note: Parts return dependent on regional limitations

NOTE: In locations, where Next Business Day or Next Calendar Day delivery is not available:

• The customer can accept to continue with the contract purchase by opting to use a lower option of Same Day Shipping (SDS) advance replacement instead.
  • The customer also assumes responsibility for any additional fees associated with international processing.

The onsite definitions only apply for Traditional TS services, it does not apply for PSS.  PSS onsite resources are provided by the partner. One caveat to this though is that each partner supplies different SLA's based on what you are purchasing from them, and they use Cisco to help support their offering.

You would need to work with your preferred partner to determine the SLA's much like traditional SNT (8x5xNBD) or SNTP (24x7x4) locations, and SLA's are all dependent on the partners reach.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: