Views
Helpful
Replies

100BaseFX and Cisco Catalyst 3750G

josegarcia123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some help, I have a factory plant running some IE 3000 and Rockwell Stratix 8000 with GLC-FE-100FX-RGD transceiver to some older switches I need to replace the idea is to use Cisco 3750G, I saw in the Cisco 3750G datasheet a GLC-GE-100FX= transceiver would they work together point-to-point? what sort of connector do they use are they LC also?

The idea is to use 100BaseFX MM because of the costs, distance (800M) and the bandwith being light.

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The GLC-GE-100FX= and the GLC-FE-100FX-RGD SFPs have the same optical performance specifications, so they will interoperate across a link.  The RGD SFP has a higher operating temperature range for industrial applications (per data sheet), where the IE 3000 is typically installed.  

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-GE-100FX has a range of up to 2 km (6562 ft) and is supported on the 3750G.

Make sure that both ends are using 100BaseFx and you use LC terminating ends.

leolaohoo,

I know the range but thank you, what I want confirmantion is that the following scenario is possible:

Cisco 3750G-12S-S with GLC-GE-100FX=

connected to

IE 3000 with GLC-FE-100FX-RGD

is this connection possible, has anyone tried? I could use 1G Single Mode but then I would have cost issues.

Thank you

The GLC-GE-100FX= and the GLC-FE-100FX-RGD SFPs have the same optical performance specifications, so they will interoperate across a link.  The RGD SFP has a higher operating temperature range for industrial applications (per data sheet), where the IE 3000 is typically installed.  

Hope this helps!

Tom it helped a lot that was excatly what I was looking for, just to confirm both use LC connectors right?

Thanks!

Carlos,

leolaohoo indicated in an earlier answer that these SFPs use LC connectors. 

Good luck!

Tom