cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

15454 remove/move partial protected path

Natambu Obleton
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with a few UPSR circuits on my 15454 network. I lost of my OC-48's while circuits were provisioned on it, but I am unable to restore this OC-48 link because of a LH transport issue. I would like to "Bridge&Roll" the protection path to another transport link to restore the redundancy, but I am unable because of the PARTIAL circuit status. In the past, I have had to delete and reprovison the circuits, which causes an outage.

Is there an easier way to fix this issue? TIA.

6 Replies 6

scnoyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Natambu,

It depends on why your circuits are PARTIAL.  Here are some general guidelines.

First, check to see if there are any DCC links down and in the network view, then CTC will be unable to see the end-to-end path and will show a circuit as PARTIAL.  If this is the case, repair and DCC failures and make sure you can see end-to-end path of circuit.  If CTC cannot see the entire path (working and protect), teh circuit will show as PARTIAL.

Second, look at all your PARTIAL circuits and see if there is a common node that may be causing the issue.

You can click/select a circuit from the circuit table,  click circuit->edit, then click the show detail box to see the end-to-end path.

Circuits can show as PARTIAL if a node has been added, removed or if the chassis has been replaced in your network.

- If a chassis has been replaced, the MAC address changes and needs to be updated in the circuit table,  If this is the case use the "Repair Circuits" wizard in the network view.  Tools->Circuits->Repair Circuits

- If a node has been added, the pass through circuits need to be updated for that node.  If this is the case, go to network view, right click the new node and click "Update Circuits with new Node"

- If there is no apparent reason for PARTIAL circuits, try reconfigure circuits at network view.  Network view->tools->Circuits->Reconfigure Circuits.  This causes CTC to check all the circuit path.

In your problem statement, it sounds like the protect path is down, so the circuit will show as PARTIAL.  The easiest, thing for you to do in this scenario is to delete and re-create the circuits.

Thanks,

Steve Noyes

Cisco Optical TAC

The reason for the circuits being PARTIAL is loss of the DCC link and an OC-48 path, but I am unable to restore the path and I would like to a protect these circuits without causing an interruption of service for the customers.

Try Bridge and Roll of these circuits.

You can't preform a bridge and roll in "PARTIAL" circuits.

use TL1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: