Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd Party optics ?

Jeff Shope
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know optcore?  Their optics prices are very good but I am weary of purchasing as I haven't found solid reviews. Inputs appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The question is not about how CHEAP the optics are. The question is whether or not the manufacturer can re-flash the optics as a "Cisco" optics or not.

Thanks. Their guys confirmed it is re-flashed and can work with my current switch. Maybe I will buy some SFP optics and test.

Can you come back with a review after you purchase?

fiberstorejames
Level 1
Level 1

I didn't know about Optcore. I usually buy 3rd party optics from fs.com, I have read some good reviews in Google about them, you can have a lookt at their website

Andrewyu Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I never heard optcore either, but I always choose the optics from the third party manufacturer. They are cheap but high quality. Normally, I would buy optics from monoprice, C2G, and the mentioned FS.COM. They are cost-effective and fast shipping.

I usually buy third-party optics from FS.COM. Compatible with many major brands, inexpensive and high-quality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: