Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aggregation/Distribution Switch for 24 SPF+ Ports

Hello,

I need a Switch with 24x SPF+ Ports with 10Gbit. It should support Transceiver with Copper (1Gbit) and Fiber (10Gbit). The Connection is from 4x 10Gbit Core Uplink (6880) over the Switch to 12 Floors Access Switchs. A Switch with IOS-XE is preferred. Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The entire 3850 will soon be replaced by the 9300/9500 family as soon as the IOS is stable enough. In my personal opinion, this may be around the next 12 months when the EoS announcement will be released.
My recommendation with the 9300/9500 is because you're going to be investing in a product with about >5 years of life and support. 3850 will probably have about 2 years of life after the announcement and another 1 year after the announcement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for ur reply.
What about WS-C3850-24XS-E?
Didnt find any End-of-life notice, but it is listed rare.
Is it not recommed and where is the difference to the 9500 series?

The entire 3850 will soon be replaced by the 9300/9500 family as soon as the IOS is stable enough. In my personal opinion, this may be around the next 12 months when the EoS announcement will be released.
My recommendation with the 9300/9500 is because you're going to be investing in a product with about >5 years of life and support. 3850 will probably have about 2 years of life after the announcement and another 1 year after the announcement.