Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a application requirement just like following architecture:host-->(FE)15454E--SDH--1545E(FE)---->7609I want to fulfill the aim that host can send traffic to 7609 through full layer2 environment(15454E--15454E), and 7609 can be as layer3 gat...

shan-cao by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can someone tell me if its possible to limit the speed of a OC12 interface such as the C85MS-4F-OC12SS module for the 8540 MSR. I have been told by cisco that these interfaces don't support rate limiting but i was wondering if there was another way ...

Hello,We will have a fiber optic connection that has onlybeen described to me as 'single mode fiber using aLC connector' and I am having trouble choosing aCatalyst configuration that will be compatible.I typically use the Cisco Configuration Tool whe...

thisistim by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi thereWhat's considered the overhead in percentage when running IP inside ATM (AAL5) over an STM-1 SDH-link?The reason for the question is because I'm workin with an ATM based network, where some of the links are provided on STM-1 circuits on SDH.H...

lars by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wonder if CTC program can run on WinXP? When I use web browser to login Cisco ONS15454, it always rise a warning that:C:\WINNT\system32\command.comC:\WINNT\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windo...