Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

I've tried unsuccessfully twice to cut our ATT Internet link over to our new 4451 router with GLC-LH-SM terminating the connection.The existing router is a 7206 with a 1000 base-LX GBIC transceiver.The local loop is via a Verizon Fujitsu Flashwave 41...

kvescovi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm going through the process to update the firmware on several 6296 Fiber Interconnects. They are currently at version 2.2(3c) and we are going to 2.2(5a).The upgrade process fails at step 14, waiting for activation to finish and when I look at the ...

eefranzen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings to all,I am not experienced in fibre optics.I wish to connect (single mode) fibre optic cable to Fibre optic switch ( DIN-rail mounted) directly without using patchl panel or patch cords.I would also like to know what precautions should be ...

Hi,I need your help to know what command Can I use to display the power optics from  a interface on a switch WS-4507R+E Cisco IOS Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-IPBASEK9-M), Version 15.0(2)SG6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Technical Su...

hhmaldon1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes