Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer, Cisco ISR 4321, SFP module

leam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In Cisco Packet Tracer version 7.1.0.0222, I added an ISR4321 router and a WAN emulation

When I try to plug a fiber cable into the ISR4321 router on the GigabitEthernet0/0/0 port, I get the message: "The cable cannot be connected to that port".

So, I go to the "ISR4321 router -> Physical -> MODULES" dialog.

I turn off the router.

I try to add the module GLC-GE-100FX to have an SFP port into which I can plug the fiber cable in.

I get the message "This module is not compatible".

Same message with the GLC-LH-SMD module.

How can I add a fiber link between a ISR4321 router and a WAN emulation in Cisco Packet Tracer?

Thank you and best regards.

10 Replies 10

leam
Level 1
Level 1
OK. Solved. I wasn't adding it to the appropriate slot.

Hello, I have the same problem, but I can't solve it ? Could you give me more details about how you added the optical modules ?

Thank's ;-)

OK, I found it on Ge0/0/0

Cheers !

isr4321.png

It's good you could find the answer by yourself.
For others who might need help, please see the image above.

Regards.

I have a similar issue. for some reason, the router is not showing the new interface when hovering over it or using the "show ip int brief" command from the CLI. The strange thing is I notice that on the Logical window I can attach cables to the port. The only issue is that it now has 2 duplicate "Gig0/0/0" interfaces on the diagram view but not in the CLI which makes it unusable since you cant configure one of them.

I'm running Packet Tracer 7.2.1.0218 and this issue remains.
It seems that both RJ45 and SFP ports share the same interface, so I can only use one of them at a time.

interfaces like this, is dual-purpose interface which means one of them can be used at the same time.

Did anyone ever answer your question? If so, could you share what you learned? I have this problem now and can't seem to find any articles to assist.

interfaces like this, is dual-purpose interface which means one of them can be used at the same time.

and if it can help,

for the glc-lh-smd module to work, you must enter this command on that gigabit interface:

"media-type sfp"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco