Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Optical 9.6.3 - Services dont come up

4Sl0tPhil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

I am encountering a strange problem on a customer premises. I installed the CPO 9.6.3 on a HP DL380G5 without any issue as a test System. All was working fine, I could create documentation...

Now at customer site I expected to get the installation done according to my documentation.

I installed RHEL 5.4 on a IBM HS42 and installed CPO 9.6.2 for small environments.

But the only the Apache Webserver service comes up.

[root@cpo963 ~]# opticalctl status

Cisco Prime Optical Server Version: 9.6.3 Build: 361 / Oracle Embedded

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USER       PID      %CPU      %MEM     START      TIME   PROCESS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

root      2739       0.0       0.0  12:01:59      0:00   Apache Web Server

The CTM Server,  CTM Server, OrchestrationService, SMService, SNMPTrapService and TOMCAT services are missing and I dont find a logfile that states an error.

Did anybody encounter this problem too ? Or knows where to enable more debug commands ?

1 Reply 1

supoonia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Philipp,

Please check which CPU processor it the IMB server running with (/proc/cpuinfo file)

If it is an AMD Opteron multicore processor it could be a known issue and we have a workaround.

Please file a SR, so that we can work with BU on this to fix it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco