cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility Catalyst 2960 L Series with Transceiver Model

Neojimmy
Level 1
Level 1

I wold like to know, if catalyst 2960 L Series is compatibility with Transceiver Model GLC-LH-SMD.

Becouse I don't undertend the compatibility matrix!

I have the scenario, when i need to confirm if the compatibility is correct in this case.
Where I can to connect ws-c3850-12-s-s with ws-c2960L-PS-LL to used the transceiver GLC-LH-SMD between the two device.

There are two boxes, all transceivers of the second coffin are compatible with the first box?

The link of Matrix:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/GE_Tx_Matrix.html#_Toc511043028

Thanks..

8 Replies 8

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it the GLC-LH-SMD is compatible with the WS-C2960L-PS-LL and  WS-C3850-12-s-s switches. Sorry, but I don't understand your question or what you are finding confusing about the table. If you could elaborate, I may be better able to provide an explanation.

Regards

Thank you !!!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the distance between the two? 

Thank you!
About 500 mm.

@Neojimmy wrote:
About 500 mm.

The distance between the 2 optics is only 500 mm and you want to use LH optics?  

Is there a deliberate intention to permanently damage the optics?

The 1000BASE-LX/LH optics will operate properly in a back-to-back installation (no damage). But, the cost for the optic modules will be higher vs using a 1000BASE-SX modules.  

My client bought this, isn't was my indication, but the headquarters!!!
And yes it is already bougth!

Thank`s