cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity issues between Cat9300 and N9K when using 25g SFPs in a port-channel with FEC

robert.lorrison
Level 1
Level 1

Our datacenter recently made a purchase order for several Catalyst 9300's with C9300-NM-2Y network modules, along with N9K-C93180YC-FX's to serve as spine switches.  After deploying two 93180's (peer-linked in HA) and several 9300's with 10g SFP's, I started swapping the 10gig tranceivers for SFP-25G-SR-S's.  At first the interfaces wouldn't come up.  I already went through the series of hoops involved with discovering I needed to use FEC, and now the interfaces are up/up, but I'm experiencing connectivity issues with several clients. 

I THINK I've traced the issue back to the uplink port-channel between the 9300 and the vpc nexus switches, mainly because when I shut one of the network module ports and force everything over one wire the issue goes away.  Is FEC somehow incompatible with port-channels?

For the record I'm running 16.12.03a on the 9300's and 7.0(3)I7(8) on the two nexus peers.  VPC consistency shows everything in the green.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

robert.lorrison
Level 1
Level 1

I've reposted this to the data center community, please disregard.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

robert.lorrison
Level 1
Level 1

I've reposted this to the data center community, please disregard.