cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTM 8.0 / Warnings and Infomational

chrisnowland1
Level 1
Level 1

I have loaded CTM 8.0 for the first time to manage my SONET 15454 network. I am having issues "greening" up the view for the NOC. When I use alarm browser i see multiple probable causes "Stratum 1 Primary Reference Source Traceable" with affected objects "SYNC-NE and BITS (1)(2)". From my research these are just warnings and not service affecting. Currently we are running CTC 7.0 and the alarms are just masked. Can I mask these warnings to "green"up the network. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Rene Frank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

yes, it's possible. You have to create an alarm profile and set the specific alarms to "Not Report" instead of "Not Alarmed". Your example, Primary Reference Source Traceable is listed as NE-SREF::SSM-PRC. I recommend that you create a new profile on one node. Modify the alarms and test it. Then you can copy that profile on all nodes. You can do it with CTM or CTC.

I did this on all nodes and my nodes are all green, also in CTM;-)

Please rate all posts.

Thanks

Rene

I created the profile and changed the NE-SREF::SSM-PRC to "not report". I applied it to the card ports in question. Still getting the warning and blue nodes and links. I tried a couple of nodes in the network but same issue. Any other ideas.

yes, it's very tricky to disable the right alarm codes. Watch the alarm browser when you apply the profile. The warnings should be cleared. How many warnings do you have per node? I remember that I had about 5-6 blue warnings.

I'm sure you should have also the SWTOPRI (switch to primary source). Check also the object, maybe it's NE-SREF or BITS. Disable both. Also, there is a warning about audit and error log full (AUD-LOG-LOSS). These funny error codes are described in Troubleshooting Guide.

Good luck,

cheers

Rene

mosho
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can create profile as explained in the previous reply. Note that it is highly recommended that you have your timing that the 15454 have a good timing source. Also by making the Timing warning not reported you might missed an actual timing problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: