cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete a Device from DNA Center to move it to a new DNA center instance

rndmcardle
Level 1
Level 1

I am lucky enough to have multiple instances of Cisco DNA center, we have elected to separate our regions (Canada to instance 1 and US to instance 2) I need to delete a WLAN controller from Instance 1 and add it to instance 2. Both devices are running code base of 1.2.10.4. When I attempt to delete the WLAN controller from the instance 1, I get a warning of "Selecting cleanup option will attempt to remove the device settings from the device(s). This includes, but is not limited to Network Settings like Netflow destination, AAA settings, Trap settings and the configuration deployed using DNAC. Only after a successful cleanup, DNAC will proceed with deleting the device(s). On failure to cleanup, the device(s) will not be removed.

*Uncheck this option to proceed with device delete without attempting any cleanup.

Does anyone know if there would be an issue if I did the device delete without attempting any cleanup, and then re discover with the other instance? I would rather not make aggressive changes on a production device that is in a 24 X 7 area.

1 Reply 1

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7
I am no expert at this, but as far as I know if you try to add a switch to a DNAC SDA fabric it will fail if there already is some configuration on it. So if you just factory reset it first.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: