cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable DOM Support on Cat3750x and 2960S

grodoni
Level 1
Level 1

ist it possibile do disable DOM monitoring or disable log warnings (other than doing log filtering ...) ?

on this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/75181/digital-optical-monitoring-dom

Following commands are mentioned:

Router(config)#transceiver type all

Router(config-xcvr-type)#monitoring

Router(config-xcvr-type)#end

BUT theses commands  do not exist on C3750X ....

Any other idea ?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It appears the feature is not supported on all hardware platforms, even though they may support DOM-enabled transceivers. The IOS feature navigator doesn't get down to that level of detail.

I was able to find reference to its being supported on Catalyst 6500, Catalyst 7600 and ASR 901.

It appears in the 4500 Configuration Guide but not in the associated command reference, so it appears it's not actually supported there. I found no reference at all in the 3750-X or 2960-S configuration guides.

I checked it on a 6500 - it works there. Checking on a 4500-X and 3750-X - it doesn't work on those. (All are running pretty recent IOS levels.)

Thanks for the answer Marvin,

I have all SFPs on several 2960S, 2960X and 3750X with DOM capabilities and have high power threshold warnings (quite near the threshold!). It would be great to be able to deactivate DOM for those SFPs other than playing with log filtering (log discriminator) or change the SFPs (from ZX to EX).

You're welcome.

I'd agree it looks like the two options you mentioned would be possible approaches. You could also manipulate how it generates an SNMP trap (if that's a concern) with an SNMP view.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: