Level 1
Level 1

Cisco SFP-10G-T-S Compatible 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper RJ-45 30m Transceiver Module

I cannot find Cisco part # anywhere 

12 Replies 12

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

They don't offer anything in the SFP form factor according to their tool.

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/home

Filtering on 10 Gbps and copper cabling only shows the older (and end of sales) X2 form factor product (X2-10GB-T).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/eos-eol-notice-c51-732419.html

ok so i not going crazy lol

how is this possible seems like a pretty standard part . 

Cisco has decided that they would rather have you buy their twinax-based transceiver products for 10 Gbps over copper.

Those are a lot less expensive but have the downside of potential compatibility issues if the other end of the link isn't another Cisco device. (Of course Cisco sees that as an upside.)

Only problem is twinax only goes to a max of 10M(33 feet). I need to go 50 feet

Or a multi mode fiber link (with SFP-10G-SR-S=)  or a 3th party 10GBASE-T module pair seems the solution.

And, when a customer turns up in our hosting facility with a big stack of servers equipped with 10GBase-T interfaces, we have no choice but to use 3rd party 10GBase-T SFPs...

If they turn up with a big stack of servers equipped with 10GBase-T interfaces, you will not have enough with some 10GBase-T ports. Proposed solution from Cisco in this case is to add a (Nexus series) 10GBase-T switch.

Can confirm. 10 Gbase-T SFP+ module doesn't exist within the Cisco part codes, only the 1 gpbs SFP equivalent ( GLC-TE= )

I need to go 250 feet for my satellites switches and it's much cheaper going copper for the shop floor.

I don't understand why Cisco is not going ahead with its SFP+ copper module.  Others company (fs, antaria, Ubiquity, and so on) already have their module ready.

AamirSohail7861
Level 1
Level 1

Go for SFP-10G-T-X=

Mark this answer as solved if it resolved your problem.

Yes, this is curent the only one 10GBASE-T existing @ Cisco  : SFP-10G-T-X=

Wassim Aouadi
Level 4
Level 4

I was looking for a 10GBase-T transceiver for Nexus 9k and I found one. I am not sure if It has been added later to tmgmatrix.

In my case, I typed "SFP10G" and "N9300" in the search field and I got my results:

WassimAouadi_0-1700559024966.png

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: