cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DOM commands for cisco 3560G switch

Mike Baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  We have many cisco 3560G switches running 12.2(46)SE.  Several of the switches are on cwdm fiber links.  We would like to be able to query the SFP's to see what their optical values are.  I am told by a cisco optical person that I can use DOM commands to do this.  I can't find the DOM commands.  Does someone know if the DOM commands work on this specific switch, and if so, what are they and how do I use them?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

Does the command below work for you?  Replace the gigabitethernet1/0/3 to the specifics based on your system layout.

show interfaces gigabitethernet1/0/3 transceiver detail

There are other transceiver commands which can be found here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_46_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp3339500

scroll down a little bit until it shows "This is an example of output from the show interfaces interface-id transceiver properties command:

After that there are some other commands that might help you out.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

Ryan got the right commands to query an IOS switch-based optical transceiver with DOM capability.

One can also query it via SNMP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: