cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FEBES, NEWPTR and NSE in STM-1 link

problemas
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know how can impact a very large NEWPTR and NSE alarms at path level and few FEBES in STM-1 Link

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

lcsaszar
Level 1
Level 1

NEWPTR is the counter of events the SDH framer of the line card received a new pointer value in the SDH line overhead H1 and H2 bytes. NSE is the same for negative stuffing events. These events usually indicate improper clock setting somewhere in the SDH network.

The problem can be caused by a regenerator on the line (i.e. between the SDH interface of the router and the next ADM).

If the SDH interface of the router is directly connected to an SDH ADM (i.e. there is no regenerator in between), it should be synchronised to the SDH network. This can be provided by the "clock source line" interface configuration command.

FEBE (far end block eror) is the old name for MS-REI (SDH term) or REI-L (Sonet term). It is the count of the line BIP errors reported by the far end, in this case the SDH ADM. The source of errors can be faulty or contaminated optical connectors, faulty interfaces, etc. It is best to troubleshoot by setting physical loopback at various points of the optical path.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: