Views
Helpful
Replies

Fibre connection

Ehi12X
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a CISCO SG200 26 port, I have successfully done the FW upgrade, 

I needed to use it to expand my network from catalyst 3500 series I inherited, using the fibre link.

I connected the catalyst 3500 ( sfp Cisco WS G5484) to the SFP port on the SG200 using Cisco SFP glc-sx-mm com.

The link appears is physically and logically up with green led light showing. If I ping the server or any system on the network via the SG 200, it is giving me "host unreachable, and at some point it times out".

Can some one help me/  or may be futher things I should still do on SG 200 26p?!!

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

WS-G5484 and GLC-SX-MM should interoperate smoothly. Will you please post the Cat3500 configuration ("sh run") and couple of SG200 settings (e.g. printscreens):"Administration > Management Interface > IPv4 Interface", "VLAN Management > Port VLAN Membership".

Thanks & Regards,

Antonin

The challenge here is I do not have I do not have the login details for the switch. It was inherited.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Which box is your problem? With SG200 series you can go for factory reset easily and for Catalysts there are password recovery procedures available. If you post your model/part number I can point you to the suitable one.

Best regards,

Antonin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: