cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC LH-SMD - 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP

Ashwin Jingade
Level 1
Level 1

GLC LH-SMD - 1000BASE -LX/LH SFP transceiver module, MMF/SMF will this supports Multimode & Single mode fiber channels ?

GLC-LH-SMD

1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module, MMF/SMF, 1310nm, DOM

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, as noted in the data sheet:

"The 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP, compatible with the IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-LX standard, operates on standard single-mode fiber-optic link spans of up to 10 km and up to 550 m on any multimode fibers. When used over legacy multimode fiber type, the transmitter should be coupled through a mode conditioning patch cable. "

GLC-LH-SMD-EXT.jpgpic1捕获.PNGpic.2

what is the different between pic.1 and pic.2?

Picture 1 notes the transceiver meets the EXT (extended) temperature range specification. 

Picture 2 notes the COM (commercial) specification.

I am not certain but suspect Picture 2 transceiver, manufactured in 7/2001 had not yet been certified compatible with the EXT specification as it was developed just around or after that time.

Once the specification was out and widely adopted, the part labeling was updated to reflect that it meets the more recent specification. (Picture 1 transceiver was manufactured in 6/2007.)

To know for absolute certainty we would have to get input from somebody involved in the product manufacturing. I can say that the two transceivers pictured are functionally the same.

kortneyhorton
Level 1
Level 1
I did not have a problem with it. I thought I could click and see a description of the user's problem. Sorry about that.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: