Views
Helpful
Replies

ML1000 RPR load balancing and multicast problem

manueltrifin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have SDH network consisting in a STM16 ring with 7 ONS15454 MSPP nodes, sw version 9.0.1. In each node we have a ML1000-2 card connected in a RPR configuration through VC4-8C(8x155Mbs) circuits.

My questions:

Q1 We had expected the ring to balance itself but instead 90% of the traffic is going anti-clockwise which is the direction of the POS-0.

Q2 We are not able to transmit Multicast packets and we sometimes have problems with udp losses. Could this be due to a bad configuration of the ML-1000? Should we investigate higher in the core switches(6500’s)?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

scnoyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Manuel,

I just published a document on load balancing on the ML card.  (ML Load Balancing after 5.doc).

Check the document section in the Optical Forum.

Also check the on-line configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_0/ethernet/454/guide/45490a_mlcardovw.html

As for question #2.  o may find some answers on multicast in the load balancing document or configuration guide.  If not, I suggest opening a TAC case so they can verify your ML configuration.

Hope this Helps,

Steve Noyes

CSE Cisco TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: