cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to replace an EIA-BNC-A24 backplane on a 15454

miked
Level 1
Level 1

This is replacing a flakey backplane with a new backplane, so it has live/built circuits on it currently.

I know hardware wise the backplane card is hot-swappable in that it can be removed and installed with the power on...

but what about my circuits?

Will they need to be rebuilt or will they stay intact in the cross-connect card and come live again once the new card is installed?

Also, the backplane is connecting to a DS3-XM6 card, should I pop that card out before replacing the backplane card?

The documentation only covers the power-referenced hot swapping but says nothing about replacing one with live circuits and a DS3-XM6 card specifically.

Thanks, in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

The backplane can just be removed and the new one installed. Circuits do not need tobe  rebuilt nor do you have to remove any cards during this time. I have done these in the past and as long as you have all the coax cables labeled well this is a pretty smooth process. Hope this helps and answers your questions.

Ryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

The backplane can just be removed and the new one installed. Circuits do not need tobe  rebuilt nor do you have to remove any cards during this time. I have done these in the past and as long as you have all the coax cables labeled well this is a pretty smooth process. Hope this helps and answers your questions.

Ryan

That definitely helps. Thanks much!

miked
Level 1
Level 1

The backplane is replaced, thanks for the correct answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: