cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OCx Channelization

lwarden
Level 1
Level 1

We're looking at taking a mass of T1 crkts and channel towards OCx (probably OC12). This could be be either 7600 or GSR platform. Can anyone point me to some investigative links or make a recommendation on their current use of a said Cisco product?

Please ask if this isn't clear. Thanks in advance.

-les

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Well, thats what they are built for. More experience with the 76xx than the GSR,

I had no router specific performance issues running multiple OC-48's on a 7600.

Thanks vmiller for the reply. I need to detail more....

We have many 7600s with Flexwan / PC-MC-2T3+ combos. We also have 7600s and GSRs with SIP/SPA combos. I'm looking for a solution to take the Flexwan blades and consolidate many of these CT3s into something that might be a channelized OC12, channelized OC48, or other such beast. Since we have both 7600 (7604, 7606, 7609) and GSR platforms, including SIPs for both, I didn't want to limit any solutions to one platform.

I did see a channelized OC12 on Cisco site, but it appeared to be an OSM flavor. I fear that my be close to EOS/EOL.

Hope this is more clear.

-les

A lot depends on how these links are delivered to you. If they are coming in as

CT-3's you "might" be able to aggregate with some flavor of 15454.

Or were you considering aggregating at one router and handing off the aggregated link

to another router?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: