cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS 15454 both tcc2p cards are not working.

d.erankevich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a situation when due to unknown reason both tcc2p cards in one node are not working.

There are no active LEDs, ethernet, rs-232 are not function aswell. At the same time the LCD monitor on the node also dead.

The services were not affected, we just lost control.

We have one tcc2p card in a stock, backup configuration exists, fortunatelly.

My questions are:

1. Can node operate with one tcc2p card?

2. If yes, what is the right procedure to replace two dead tcc2p to new one?

Thank you in advance, really need help in it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dmitry,

Was anything taking place before this happen? Maintenance event or upgrade? When you say the LCD monitor is dead do you mean it does not light up at all or that it just shows black boxes across it? You can run a node with one TCC card but it is hard to tell which one is the culprit based on the information. Can you still ping the node at all? If you can you can try logging into it via TL1 and retrieving the alarms on the node to see exactly what is going on. Based on the information you have given best bet would be to remove one of the TCC cards during a maintenance window to see if the other restores or not. If not then plug back in the one that was taken out and to the same for the other card. This shouldn't drop traffic but I would do in during a maintenance window just in case since we don't know the exact cause of the issue. Hope this gets you started.

Ryan

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dmitry,

Was anything taking place before this happen? Maintenance event or upgrade? When you say the LCD monitor is dead do you mean it does not light up at all or that it just shows black boxes across it? You can run a node with one TCC card but it is hard to tell which one is the culprit based on the information. Can you still ping the node at all? If you can you can try logging into it via TL1 and retrieving the alarms on the node to see exactly what is going on. Based on the information you have given best bet would be to remove one of the TCC cards during a maintenance window to see if the other restores or not. If not then plug back in the one that was taken out and to the same for the other card. This shouldn't drop traffic but I would do in during a maintenance window just in case since we don't know the exact cause of the issue. Hope this gets you started.

Ryan

Hello Ryan!

Thank you for response.

Right now i don't have information what exactly happened but I guess it was lightning hit on the station and grounding system couldn't handle it. My short answers:

LCD monitor is dead means it doesn't light up.

I cannot ping the node at all.

I cannot login to the cards at all, they looks like they are not receiving electrical power.

Ok, i will follow your instructions and try to understand what tcc2p card is culprit and if both i will install one from free stock.

But the thing which I cannot understand:

Thank you!

Dmitry,

During your test of the TCC2P cards you might want to try pulling the Fan Tray Assembly out and reseating it to see if you can get the LCD to work again.

Ryan

Ok, I will, thank you for this advice.

One question more:

If the both tcc2p cards are damaged, i will deinstall them and install new one, will i need to restore the configuration on it?

Or it will happen automatically?

Thank you!

Dmitry,

You will need to do a restore on it from your latest database backup. If you have a spare shelf you could get the TCC2P card ready before hand by restoring the database on it there. Also note the IP address will most likely be different on your spare TCC2P card so you'll want to set that ahead of time. Also make sure the software version is the same on the spare TCC2P card. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco