cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ONS 15454 cards fail in only certain slots

jeff.alston
Level 1
Level 1

I had an 'on site' consultant thought he was doing me a favor by removing and reinserting cards (DS1-14 and an E100T)in one of my chassis during a network problem. Nothing was wrong with the ONS at that time. One card got stuck in a persistent LD state and the other was simply NP. I moved the cards to the adjacent slots and they went green. I put them back to the 'bad' slots, and the errors returned. Then, it was back to the 'new' slots and all was green and happy. The chassis has not been restarted since moving the cards to the new slots. Ideas?

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Is the adjacent slot of the same type as this one? That being the case we can suspect that the hardware slot is faulty and hence you could try replacing the slot with a new one. If the faulty slot and adjacent slot are of different type then check if the cards that were inserted are compatible with the slots(the faulty one). You could always do a reboot and check the status of the slots.

Yes, the cards are in the right spots for the type of card if that is what you are asking. I did not know you could replace the slot per se.

SLOT 1 went into 2 and SLOT 16 went to 15. Should be good. Even with the cards removed and green in their new homes, CTC reports minor alarms where they were.