cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

optical internet router/modem

austa
Level 1
Level 1

hey I am student and for my lectures I need to create the safe LAN for company with Packet Tracer. This is my first time. So I am very appreciate if someone can help me :)

This is the simple model what I need to do:model.JPG

And I need to use optical internet. But I am not sure what router/modem I should use to this internet . I know that now I use wrong modem, but what I should use?

tinkls.JPG

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't know for sure, especially as much might depend on what version of PT you're using, but PT might not offer much for optics. Additionally, you'll need to further define what exactly you mean by using an "optical network", as there's a bit of a difference between using optical links and running an "optical network". Since you're looking to connect to the Internet, I assume you would be concerned with using an optical link rather than an "optical network". In times pass, an optical link to the Internet was likely to be some kind of OC-# connection. Now a days, though, you might just have some LX or ZX optical connection to your ISP.

Thank you. I use Cisco Packet Tracer 7.2.1. And yes, I mean optical link :) 

So, this scheme supposed to be correct?
Capture.JPG

Sorry, I'm unable to expand the image enough to make out details.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: