Views
Helpful
Replies

OSC Framing

harindhafdo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to know if I set OSC Framing in CTP for FE will I get 100mbps as communication speed between NEs or it will be still 192kbps on D1 to D3 in RSOH ?

Is it possible to change the OSC framing type from OC3 to FE in already deployed network without the help of CTP? if yes, what is the procedure?

I could not find descriptive information in CCO, and appriciate if anyone can shed some light on this.

Rgds

Harin

4 Replies 4

supoonia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

100Mbps

possible to change without CTP design.

for that...go to node view -- comm channels -OSC -- delete it ............but to do this you have to delete exisitng circuits, so take a maintenance window to do that.

after OSC deletion.

go to TNC card view - provisioning - PPM ... delete this exisisting and create as FE.

hope this will help.

fast way is to open a TAC case, tell someone to prepare database with FE on it. and restore that database on node.

it will be non-service affecting. but this is additional work not sure TAC will do :-)

please feel free to reach if further queries.

Thanks Sunil for your quick feedback. in my network I have mix of TNC and TSC with OSC-CSM, in this case will OSC frame type FE work ?

I don't see any option on OSCM or OSC-CSM card to configure FE.

you can buy TNC cards to do that :-)

• delete circuits----delete OSC----delete internal connection---delete PPM, creat PPM for FE---creat internal connection----creat OSC ----creat circuit
  • and the OSC-CSM crad only support OC3/STM-1 format OSC, can't support FE.