cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSC TNC

Garth Salmon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to turn up a OSC port on the TNC card and will not come into service.  When you try to create an OSC termination you get the following error:

1 OSC termination was not created, as follows:  slot 8 (TNC), port 1-1 (OC3), EID-3239 The overhead termination is invalid.

The sfp is ONS-SE-155-1510

thanks.

3 Replies 3

FaisalAlBandar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Garth Salmon,

Have you created the required Internal Patchcords?

If not, go to Node View, click on Provisioning, from the left panel choose WDM-ANS, select Internal Patchcords, click Create, and create the proper patchcord from your SFP port to the OSC port on the optical card. 

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the reply - the internal patch cords were completed already the problem was when I set this up I only had one TNC card and originally there was TSC cards in the box so I upgraded the one TSC to a TNC but I believe (didn't have time to confirm) since I didn't delete the TSC (that was not present) it wouldn't allow the OSC to be created and gave that error once I delete the TSC card then the OSC was allowed.

Ah, well that makes sense. I didn't have enough information about your setup and so I just came up with the most basic solution I could think of. Glad everything worked out fine for you. Keep connecting people!