Views
Helpful
Replies

Passive cable to connect FET-40G and FET-10G

Jevgeni Rõžov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will get straight to the topic. The Cisco Nexus 2348TQ have an uplink SKU option N2K-F40G-F10G, which consists of the following:

2xFET-40G transceiver (with MPO-12 connector)

8xFET-10G transceiver (with LC connector)

One could possibly assume, that there should be two "1xMPO12 male > 4xLC female" passive breakout cables included with the bundle, but the tricky part is that there is no cables included and I am unable to find any mentions of such articles being available from Cisco.

The question itself is whether the cisco have such passive breakout cables available and if so - what are their SKUs?

Halp? Please? This one is driving me mad already..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/transceiver-modules/data_sheet_c78-660083.html

Cisco QSFP-4SFP10G-CU (1M, 3M, 5M)

QSFP to 4 SFP+ copper break-out cables

-

Cisco QSFP-4X10G-AC (7M, 10M)

QSFP-4X10G-AOC (1M, 2M, 3M, 5M, 7M, 10M)

QSFP to four SFP+ active optical breakout cables

Thank you very much for the answer Philip, but all of the items you have listed are active cables, meaning that they already come with transceivers.

My question was how do you connect the transceivers included in the N2K-F40G-F10G bundle, not what the replacement cables could be.

Oops sorry.  I haven not seen cables like that.  I've only seen transceiver ones.

Mark Sparling
Level 4
Level 4

When you select N2K-F40G-F10G when you do a configuration for Nexus 2300 and in the output you get FET10G & FET40G.  So how do you connect them together because one is a 10Gbps and the other is 40Gbps, different cables and connectors right.  So the question is if I have a parent switch of Nexus 5548UP/9372PX/9396PX all having SFP+ for access ports and the child switch is Nexus 2348TQ with QSFP uplinks.  I selected N2K-F40G-F10G under the Nexus 2348TQ what else do I/they need?

Answer:

So, to answer my question and skip the irrelevant part - Cisco does not offer a passive MPO12>4xLC breakout cable. You need to order it from a third-party vendor.

However, it would be great if someone from cisco staff could confirm this.

Yes, that is correct.