Views
Helpful
Replies

RJ45 to SFP

Cas_CCIE#60232
Level 1
Level 1

hello forum Guys, 

Please let me know if there is a way to connect adapter to convert RJ45 to SFP. Means that I will plug adapter to RJ45 port(switch or router) and I will be able to connect SFP cable on the other end. 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can firnd 3rd party media converters from Ethernet to SFP and SFP to Ethernet both.

https://www.fibrefox.co.uk/2678-media-converters-modules?gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCqPzuVGCJ1Gi0oY_IAI4kdDkwtx3t24TlCHFyULVLKaJ4SE2zvfF4hoCI5MQAvD_BwE

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Beside a dedicated 3rd party device, a small switch that supports both RJ45 and SFP might be used for that purpose too. E.g. 1000 Series 8-port, SG250-10P. etc.

suryabazal
Level 1
Level 1
Okay, i just wanted to make sure, because i have read several people in here who had had issues of different kinds with different types of SFP connections where the module didnt"fit" or whatever was going on.

media converters are not so expensive, unlike SFP Module, so you can test, i have used them some sites where this requirement come, only drawback with DC adapters, they fail due to temparature, if you installing in the Outside Factories.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco