cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG-300-28PP + MGBSX1 + TP-Link MC200CM no stable connection possible?

ribbon
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

please note my setup in the discussion title. I do not get to link the two devices with a stable connection. The FX Link LED on the media converter lights for a few seconds before switching to a constant rapid flashing indication. If I connect the LAN on the local side and a computer on the far end of the fiber connection, I get very poor stability and transmission speed. However, the connection seems to generally work, i.e. I get an IP address and some data through the fiber.

What I've tried so far:

- I have two of the SFPs and tried both one after the other -> very same result

- I have tried them both in port 27 and 28 of the SG-300 (with no copper connected to the adjacent RJ45 port) -> very similar (poor) result

- I have two of the media converters and their power adapters, replaced everything part by part -> very same result

- I have tried different copper cables (all tested ok before) -> nothing changes

- I have several multimode fibers by different manufacturers, tried a few of them (all of them are approved using other devices) -> still no change

- I have a HP switch with SPF module, tried connection between Cisco and HP over Fiber -> same result, very poor connection quality and speed (OS shows connection losses every few seconds)

- Put the second MGBSX1 in a SG-300-10 I could arrange and tried to connect the two Ciscos together -> still would not improve the connection quality

It seems to me, there must be something fundamentally wrong here. I compares data sheets and compatibility charts, everything seems fine for my eyes.

Could anybody tell me what I do not see?

Thanks!

ribbon 

1 Reply 1

ribbon
Level 1
Level 1

No ideas here?