cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SW Upgrade license

haijason
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased 11 ONS15454Es and SW and I also can manage them with CTM.But now I want to upgrade the 15454E SW and CTM.So I checked the SW product list,and I have an questions below:

whether is there any limitation(including the 15454E SW and CTM) if I download a SW for upgrading:that means if I use the SW downloaded from the CCO,is there any license limitation to manage the 11 networks elements or I can manage the 11 networks elements the same as before upgrading.

If there is the limitaion,is the only way to resolve it to purchase the new license again?

2 Replies 2

mosho
Level 1
Level 1

It is better that you work with your Cisco account rep for better support on this.

Here are some suggesstions that you can use.

1. if you have support contract and you are upgrading to minor release e.g ONS15454E software version 7.0 to 7.0.x you do not need to purchase new licence. But if you are upgrading from one major release to another major release e.g 7.0 to 8.0 you will need to purchase new licence.

2.For CTM the same applies as as number 1.

Regards

Moses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: