Helpful
Replies

Transreciver compatibility

Jaro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

do someone now if is this compatible:

Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx 2x25GbE SFP28 Adapter         with       XL-MGB-SX (on cisco N5K).

If you have some sfp transreciver compatibility web-site, please share it with me.  

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco doesn't certify their transceivers as compatible with any other brand. They certify them as compatible with given standards. They also certify them for use in their own equipment (and document it on a Cisco matrix).

If you are going multi-vendor across a link, you need to look at each vendor's data sheet to ascertain compatibility. 

When trying to use non-Cisco transceivers in Cisco equipment you should seek some assurance or at least buy only one or two to verify compatibility for yourself before making a large purchase. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

fiberstorejames
Level 1
Level 1

I have used the fs.com SFP+ modules in my mellanox ConnectX-2 cards, and it works great, maybe you can have a look at their website. 

James - please no advertising on CSC postings. It is against the terms of service.

Thanks for your answer, but could you share with me some website where I will see compatibility set or something like that...

thank you

Cisco doesn't certify their transceivers as compatible with any other brand. They certify them as compatible with given standards. They also certify them for use in their own equipment (and document it on a Cisco matrix).

If you are going multi-vendor across a link, you need to look at each vendor's data sheet to ascertain compatibility. 

When trying to use non-Cisco transceivers in Cisco equipment you should seek some assurance or at least buy only one or two to verify compatibility for yourself before making a large purchase.