Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Trouble Communicating with Cisco SONET ONS 15454

We still use a SONET ONS 15454 as a main backbone for a few legacy systems.  We had a Windows 2000 computer which monitored the network using the CTC interface.   For several days after 1/1/2020 the CTC interface displayed nodes which kept on randomly going offline.  We however knew that the systems were still online, so we understood that it was a faulty reading.

I eventually restarted the java applet, and this causes a BSOD with a kernel error.  Restarting the workstation confirmed that the kernel was corrupted, and it would not boot up into Windows.

After rebuilding a Windows 2000 computer, and reinstalling the proper Java 1.3.1 install, the CTC interface does load up into a login screen for the SONET, but upon logging in, slowly finds the nodes, but never brings up the network map, or any other data.

Am I maybe missing something (maybe another plugin for IE5 that I need, which I missed besides java?)?  Or is it possible that the firmware on the ONS 15454 was effected by Y2020, and thus corrupted?

Thanks for any ideas!

Scott,

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here