cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10gig SFP+ as an access port for 2960x

scott.hull91821
Level 1
Level 1

I have a need to have a 10gigbit access port on a 2960x 24ts-l running 15.2(6). With the proper SFP+, is it possible to configure a port this way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

(hmmm where did my reply go? )

SFP optics do not support 10Gb. So to answer your question, you will not be able to configure a 10Gb switchport on your 2960X-TS.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

scott.hull91821
Level 1
Level 1

The previous person replied that the 2960x does not support SFP+. He was probably correct, however I meant to just say SFP. I need to know if I can provision an access port that is 10gig using one of the (4) SFP ports that are available to me on this device. Anybody got anything for me?

(hmmm where did my reply go? )

SFP optics do not support 10Gb. So to answer your question, you will not be able to configure a 10Gb switchport on your 2960X-TS.

cheers,

Seb.

SFP ports do not support 10 Gbps connections - only 1 Gbps (or lower with the proper transceiver type assuming it's compatible with the switch).

A 10 Gbps access port would require an SFP+ type port and associated compatible transceiver.

jatmiko
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for the information you provided
Hello my name Jatmiko from Indonesia
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: