cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

15454 UPSR Span Upgrade

rosejon12
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how I would upgrade UPSR spans from OC48 to OC192 cards when the OC48 cards are not in the high speed slots. ie I need to move the OC48 cards first with out deleting and reinstalling every cct before I can use the Span Wizard upgrade.

2 Replies 2

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am hoping to see others chime in on this one, as it has been a while since being involved with this aspect of the 15454. 

Seeing that you are not upgrading the cards in one slot, you will probably need to perform a Bridge and Roll (B&R) operation on each of the circuits; moving them from the OC-48 spans to the OC-192 spans.  This would require you to turn-up the the OC-192 cards for each span, then B&R the circuits off the OC-48 spans.  Then you can remove the OC-48 cards (if you need to). 

B&R changes the cross-connections, which is what you need to do when moving the path of the circuit from one chassis slot to another slot.  A span upgrade does not change the cross-connections. 

Tom

The exsisting OC48 card in the Node is in slot 17 and I need to move the OC48 card to slot 12 first before I upgrade the span to OC192. The new OC192 will be using the same fibre facility that the old OC48 is.

I thought that I could do this by using the bridge and roll function as well but I can't seem to get it to work. I can get the cct to move from VT1 to VT1 on the same span but moving from one card to the other i9s the problem