Views
Helpful
Replies

15540 and 15501 reach

crysm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've searched intensively but I haven't figured out how far can reach a 15540 with 2x10G wavelenght using 15501 for amplification ?

It's possible to reach 600Km using 8-10 15501 ?

Can somebody point me to a link.

Also maybe I'm wrong but I've read that it supports only SMF (G.652) fiber. The E-LEAF(G.655) fiber is not supported by the 15540/15501?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

pliniotrinidad
Level 1
Level 1

ONS15501 is aEDFA amplifier that works on +17 dBm. This amplifier is designed to work for DWDM applications.

If you add the budget for the ONS15540 plus the tx power you will able to reach about 170 Km per span. Take iun mind the rule for the repetition places, not exced more than 6 to join 7 spans.

The sitaution of SMF28 fiber is due the dispersion, take in count that DWDM works with shift dispersion in order to minimize the FWM effect. LEAF fiber is good for long distance, but was designed for low waves count (4 about).

Thank you for your response Plinio

But I still have some questions.

Reading the documentation I haven't found any reference for LEAF fiber. So if I will insert LEAF (g.655) fiber in one ONS15540 it will work or not ?

According to the documentation only G.652 and MM fiber will work.

Right ?

Also, for this family I haven't founded a regenerator device. I suppose because it's a metro device. However for the 15200 family there is 3R regenerator device.

So that means that the maximum lenght is 6-7 span of a point-to-point network ?

(If there is a regenerator please point me to the link)

Also how about the Chromatic dispersion ? I se that it's available one 10G trunk card. As far as i know for 10G the CD could be a big problem.

What is also not clear for me if this 155xx family support 10G wavelengs ? It's not clear for me if that trunk card it supports 10G wavelenghts or ...

Thank you for your help