cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying PRBS on The 15454 SDH MSPP

ebeattie1
Level 1
Level 1

At the B end mux,I have applied a Facility (line) loop on the port, I want to know how to and where to apply PRBS from the A end. Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One would insert a test set into the facility side of the next downstream patch panel at the A side. The 15454 does not generate test signals itself.

Thanks for your response, however what I really wanted to know, was from a network management perspective is there any functionality on CTC which allows you to place an Inward loop at a B-End device whilst allowing one to apply PRBS remotely via CTC from the A-End device. Other manufacturers have this remote software capability to enable remote network management, support and testing of an SDH link.

If you apply a terminal (inward) loop from CTC it will reflect back any PRBS test signal being inserted downstream at the A-end. When you loop a user port, the two choices are facility (line) or terminal (inward).

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.I work in a NOC and I have visability of two devices A and B. If you place an Inward loop soft loop at the B-End, how can I remotely insert and remotely detect PRBS i.e. if you use Nortel | Marconi SDH you can remotely inject errors round a loop to prove a link via the management platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco