Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Hi,We are looking at upgrading our Current Ciscoworks platform. It iscurrently operating on a windows 2000 platform. The current configuration is as follows: Product Name Version With Patch Level Installed Date 1. CiscoWorks Common Services ...

georgeef1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey folks - I have a new install comming up that I am pretty sure I will need a ZX transceiver for. Ill be connecting a remote 3560-E to a 6513 using SFP connectors. I am pretty positive Ill be using a GLC-ZX-SM on both ends, but I am not sure how to...

Hi All,I need to connect two 3750s with 4 SFPs between two sites that are 11km away from each other....My question is... Do I need to use Single Mode LX transceiver (but I see the maximum distance is 10km)... or do I need to use ZX transceiver? But d...

Hi All, We have a 10G DWDM circuit terminated on 7600-sup720-3bxl (WS-X6704-10GE,10GBASE-SR) interface and we get below optical receive power measured on the router sh interfaces tenGigabitEthernet 9/2 transceiver (o/p modified for simplicity) ...

Hi,<br /><br />We have a MDS9222i for SAN replication which needs to be directly connected with another MDS9222i over a WAN link(45Mbps). Is there some specific cards and cables which we might have to look into or do we have to use a seperate switch ...

Hi,i have catalyst express 500 switch with transceivers modules GLC-SX-MM, 1000BASE-SX SFP. Is possible to change the speed of this transceivers to 100Mbit? ... i need it know, because on other side of link is a opical/metallic converter ( AT-MC101XL...