Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

I am a sales engineer for Global Crossing.I am pricing out a couple waves to my customer and they are very happy with the pricing but are asking me how we can deliver the waves with a Gig E interface. I am not sure if this is possible. Does anyone kn...

Hi,I have thinking about using point-point CWDM in a network design where fiber count is small between two of our campuses. In trying to look ahead, I'm wondering about my ability to move to 10GE in the future. I know that switch/router interfaces w...

I am interested in designing a simple point to point CWDM link between two 3550 switches. I have been having trouble finding information about what I need. I know I need the CWDM GBICs (different colors) however what cables do I need(SMF) and do the ...

bunker by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have completed the Large MAN Cabling project at one of the oldest University in India. Following components are used:1. Avaya SMF 9micro Cables.2. Avaya SMF LC Connectors.3. Avaya LC Coupler.and other Avaya Fiber structured cabling products.Acc...

pds by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes