Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

I'm currently doing a Network Design for a customer.  They have two datacenters approximately 1/4 mile apart on their campus. Each datacenter is split with a C9500-16X for the core and C9500-40X for distribution.  Both will be setup with SVL connecti...

drolson by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am commissioning the NCS2006 Node, Uploading the XML file through CTC, but getting below error while node setup after uploading XML file. Mismatch of shelf type (old=15454 M6 ANSI,new=NCS 2006 ETSI) current SW version of node is : 10.6 can anyone h...

Hello, We are planning to migrate our network with Cisco C9300-48P-E, C9200-24P-E, C9200-48P-E switches.We also are planning to run OS2 type Fiber links between Core switches and Access ones. Are these switches compatible with this fiber type ? Which...

Clem58 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys I need help with this assignment and I'm new to this course 1) 2 2811 routers with serial interfaces2) 2 2960 switches3) 1 3560 multilayer switch (this is the routing device)4) 4 end devices (2 connected to each 2960 switch)5) 1 end device conne...

Is there an expected lifetime for transceivers? I don't find anything on this in the specifications. Here's a previous answer claiming 1 million hours but no documentation for that.How do I know when to start proactively replacing old SFPs? Is that e...

kevingrss by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Cisco Community,  Hope all is well! If I am going to install a A900-IMA2Z - Ten Gigabit Ethernet XFP/SFP+ Interface Module on a ASR-920-24SZ-IM , will it automatically support 10G without installing any additional licenses?  Thanks,Mark