Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Cisco 100G QPSK 200G 16 QAM WDM CFP2 Pluggable Enhanced ( ONS-CFP2-WDM-1KE= )

Hello there, We have an existing over 300 KM 1G metro link with repeaters in middle and we want to upgrade this link capacity.Can we use this Module to have repeater-less link with 100G or 200G capacity over 300 KM ? And what switch or hardware requi...

Resolved! QSFP-40G to 10G

have a 9500-24q which only supports 40G connections.  Need to provide some minimal 10G (SR) connectivity.  How can this be done?  looking to use standard mm om-3 type cables between the devices.   Searching in vein   thanks

gbraver by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

what's reference for this SFP

I need an SFP module that is: Cisco compatible 1000Base-LH, Singlemode LC Duplex interface, range of min 16km-70 km max to use it with a cisco catalyst C3850-24T-E to reach an end at 25km distance. please give me the right reference for that

bibism by Beginner
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

OSC TNC

I'm trying to turn up a OSC port on the TNC card and will not come into service.  When you try to create an OSC termination you get the following error:   1 OSC termination was not created, as follows:  slot 8 (TNC), port 1-1 (OC3), EID-3239 The over...

VxWorks command

Does anyone have the command to retrieve PPM information from VxWorks for example I can do showModule <module #> to get the information about a card (specifically the Serial Number) looking to get the same information about the PPM.  Also the command...

Calculating link loss

HiI've a problem with calculating link loss budget. Everywhere people say to add attenuation of all connectors, but there (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/optical/ps2006/products_tech_note09186a00800e6eeb.shtml) in link loss calculation sectio...

ip address

Hi  how can i isolate Ip address? which kind of method possible?  i know vlan isolate about primary isollate vlan but i need information about all method please share experience with me thanks ..

Hiko by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes