Views
Helpful
Replies

Books About Optical Networking?

FaisalAlBandar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Are there any new/updated books about optical networking? Something along the lines of:

Optical network design and implementation - Vivek Alwayn (2004, Cisco Press), or:

Building Multiservice Transport Networks - Jim Durkin, John Goodman, Frank Posse, Michael Rezek, Mike Wallace, Ron Harris (2010, Cisco Press)

These are very focused and helpful, but I can't seem to find any new editions (or new titles) like these anymore. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

@FaisalAlBandar,

Gretings,

Actually the availability of the materials regarding the fiber optic networks are rare, do you need a specific support?

If you have a direct inquiry let me know may be I can help! It will be with pleasure! 

Please don't forget to rate all helpful responses and mark solutions!

Bst Rgds,

Andrew Khalil 

Hello Andrew, and thank you for your timely response. 

So I'm interested in many topics within the general "fiber optics" umbrella, but mostly stuff related to the ONS (re-branded as NCS) multi-service platform. I do realize that there are so many documents out there about every single card and module and command and line of code that can be used, but I'm trying to find these information presented in book form, with a well-established flow and progression, which would of course connect all the dots and make things much clearer.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look this document, this this make sense ?

http://www.cesarkallas.net/arquivos/faculdade-pos/TP319-redes-opticas/Optical-Networks-3nd.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello balaji.bandi, and thank you for sharing this document. From a first quick skim I can say that it does indeed look incredibly detailed, and I might have to dig deeper into it to get all that I could from all that info. Thanks again, and have a good day!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: