Views
Helpful
Replies

Channelized DS3 over STM1 (optical)

yannickrioux
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up a new site and our requirement is to have DS3 connectivity. The issue is that we have a cisco 7206VXR router and the connection has been provisioned by the provider as DS3 channelized over STM1 (Optical connection SDH).

Please advise for the Cisco 7206VXR, which card can be used to channelize DS3 type connection over STM1 optical connection. Is it possible to use the PA-MC-STM-1SMI card?

3 Replies 3

Erico Verissimo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The card PA-MC-STM-1 allows you channelizing the STM1 signal. This link is useful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/module_installation_and_configuration_guides_chapter09186a00806c1819.html

I hope I have helped.

Hello Erico,

this card is for cisco 7600.

From what i understood, it is not possible to channelize DS3 over STM1 connection on cisco 7200 router.

Moreover, the 7200 is EoL.

I guess the only option is to upgrade the equipment.

Hello yannickrioux,

Here we have a 7200 and we are going to replace it for a 3900. We only use for multi-serial interfaces, but in other company we used the 7200 to channelize a STM1 SDH structure, this device is running there are a lot of years and is interesting to upgrade the equipment.

I do not know your topology, but it is possible to structure a STM1 signal in three TUG-3 and the structure TU-3 is able to map a DS3 signal. This signal is compatible with TU-3 level.

Cheers.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card