cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP

nmariano23
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a school research project in which I am setting up an OC-192 ring for a company (contract work through AT&T). I have chosen to use the Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP as my platform. The company currently has locations in Chicago and Philadelphia and connects them through an OC-12C ATM connection and they are looking to add 2 gigabit ethernet connections.

My question is what cards and parts will I need for the Cisco ONS 15454 SONET MSPP, and how much will everything cost? I have been searching the internet for components and prices and I have found it extremely difficult to find any information. Any help or tips anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

scnoyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nick,

You can find the HW specifications for various ethernet cards for the 15454 at the following location.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sdh/reference/guide/454e91_ethernetcards.htmlhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_1/15454/sdh/reference/guide/454e91_refer.html

To make sense of it all, you need to contact a Cisco sales/account represetative to help you analyze your needs, design your network and put together a price list for the appropriate cards.

If you are interested, I can get someone from the sales/account team to contact you.   Please contact me directly with your contact information and geographic location so I can find the appropriate sales/account to help you.  Please do not post your personal information directly to the forum.

scnoyes@cisco.com

-Steve Noyes

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nick,

As was previously stated, a Cisco Representative or VAR will help you sort out the Ethernet and line side design possibilities.

As starting point, the following is a node configuration that will provide a protected, point-to-point GE circuit (2 GEs - 1GE thru two line cards) across an OC-192 network.  The OC-192 line side transceiver optics type and GE transceiver type will need to be selected based upon your network design.

There are quite a few options, including placing the GEs over a wavelength.

Good luck!

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: