cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a roadm system

tmakinde
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ONS 15454 M6 chassis with a TCC3 control card, a GE-XPE muxponder card, a 40-SMR-2C card. I have same cards in another site.

I have calculated Power budget and configured all parameters but the LINE-TX interface is still Shut down on both sides. Note that OSC link is up and the two sites are connected in CTC

I intend to configure each side has a Terminal Mux site with only one degree of Add/Drop.

Can someone help me with information that could help to unshut the LINE-TX port?

10 Replies 10

Bill Ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

You need to create an OCHNC circuit, the muxponder needs to be cabled to the add/drop side correctly, and the muxponder trunk port needs to be enabled before the ROADM amplifier can transmit anything.

we already did all that .........

All the cables except DC-TX and DC-Rx are connected

Well, DC TX needs to be connected to DC RX for the circuit to work bidirectionally, but this omission wouldn’t affect Line TX power.  

Do have a setup file from CTP?

Has it been uploaded?

Are the internal patchcords provisioned?

Are the optical sides provisioned?

Did you launch ANS?

Is the power from the transponder being received at the ADD RX port?

Since you were able to build a circuit, I suspect at least some of the items above were completed, but sometimes we forget to launch ANS. 

Thanks for your input

Is it working?

Yes. I also found several of the power budget parameters were wrong so I corrected them, brought up the OSC link, and built the OCHNC.
Thanks for your help

Hello Guys,

can someone help with this:

I couldn't create an ochTrail between two opposite locations. I get a "EID-2192 Route Error" alarm. The OCHNC circuit has been created and is IN-Service. I have a 10GE_XP card configured in L2 over DWDM mode and connected to the MD-ODD passive port 1530.33nm. This wavelength is updated and turned on on the SMR2-C ADD-RX port. This scenario is same on the opposite site. The OTS layer is up but I still cannot build OCHTrails.

double post

You don’t provision both an OCHNC and an OCH Trail. You provision one or the other.

Provisioning an OCH Trail just requires that you provision internal patchcords (node view, Provisioning, ANS).

I prefer using OCHNC, because it requires fewer steps, but it doesn’t really matter.

Regardless, both will let you do what you want with the L2 services.

Hello Guys,

can someone help with this:

I couldn't create an ochTrail between two opposite locations. I get a "EID-2192 Route Error" alarm. The OCHNC circuit has been created and is IN-Service. I have a 10GE_XP card configured in L2 over DWDM mode and connected to the MD-ODD passive port 1530.33nm. This wavelength is updated and turned on on the SMR2-C ADD-RX port. This scenario is same on the opposite site. The OTS layer is up but I still cannot build OCHTrails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: