Views
Helpful
Replies

GLC-LH-SMD Cable?

nickb81496
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I have a GLC-LH-SMD adapter and I need to know what single mode fiber cable to order.

I know its single mode cable with LC connections on both ends.

Thanks for the help!

-Nick

6 Replies 6

What is Patch Lead?

I apologize for not being very knowledgeable, I am very new to all of this.

check the link provided? what Cable are you looking for?

if you looking to connect between devices that is patch lead order depends on distance.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am connecting an Allen-bradley Stratix 5700 ethernet switch to a customers server to allow the ethernet switch to be visible on the customers network. So, I believe this may work

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

LC-to-LC, duplex, OS2

Hi,

as you and others have already said you definitely need a single mode patch lead or patch cord or fibre patch, same thing, different name.

for the GLC-LH-SMD you definitely need LC connector.

Butt you need to check what you need on the end of the fibre patch. ie for the Stratix 5700 that you mention, you need to check what optic it has installed.  Pls ensure it is also single mode, not multimode, and check the connector type. If its LC on the Stratix 5700 too, then you need LC-LC ie LC on both ends of the patch cord, if its say SC, then you need a patch cord with SC on one end and LC on the other.

there are many connector types, LC is very common, SC is also common but older. others are even older or specialized for specific applications like low loss etc..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_fiber_connector should give you a good deal of info !

hope this helps

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: