cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LC/APC fiber patch cord connection to Cisco Catalyst 6500 & Cisco Access 3750 Switches

I have an LC/APC fiber patch cord infrastructure and I want to connect it to Cisco Catalyst 6500 & Cisco Access 3750 Switches. what type of transceiver should be used?

I read a note on Cisco website stating the following for Cisco SFP+ transceivers:

Note: "Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported. All cables and cable assemblies used must be compliant with the standards specified in the standards section"

3 Replies 3

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In DOC you can see column - Fiber type. There are two types - MMF and SMF. Depending on fiber used in you infrastructure you can use corresponding SFP. The last one column is distance, depending on distance you will choose correct SFP. The longer distance than higher price of SFP.   

Thank you,  but my question is that I have a single mode fiber patch cord with LC/APC connector while cisco stating a note that only use LC/PC or LC/UPC type of connectors with SFP+ transceiver.  

So what type of transceiver should I use to connect LC/APC patch cord to cisco switches?  Is there another type or SFP+ still can be used? 

If you have LC/APC connectors on your patch panel, you will need to purchase a hybrid jumper cable; LC/APC connectors to LC/UPC connectors.  The LC/UPC will connector to the SFP+ module. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: