Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multimode Fiber with 1550nm

Hi all,

hope you can help me.

I'm not an expert on fiber and currently, I am working on a system that has the SFPs below:

100FX; Multimode Fiber; Wavelenght TX -1310; Wavelenght RX -1550; Distance - 2 km ;  Number of Fibers - 1; Connector - SC
100FX; Multimode Fiber; Wavelenght TX -1550; Wavelenght RX -1310; Distance - 2 km ;  Number of Fibers - 1; Connector - SC

They are not Cisco SFPs but Comnets, but for what I understand one is to be put on the transmitter and the other one on the receiver end. Now, everything that I read states that Multimode fiber is to work with the wavelength of 1310nm, and Single Mode 1550nm. This SFPs using one multimode fiber is using both wavelengths, is this correct? If so, to use this type of SFPs do I need a special kind of Multimode Fiber?

I ask this due to the following. I have several links installed with this SFPs passing around 12Mbps, and I was force to enable flow control on both ends of the Comnet switches. The Cisco that receives the receiver Comnet is happy and not reporting any drops, but this SFP links if the flow control is not enabled, are dropping loads of packets with very low bandwidth on the link... 

Thank you

0 Replies 0