cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSC TNC

Garth Salmon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to turn up a OSC port on the TNC card and will not come into service.  When you try to create an OSC termination you get the following error:

1 OSC termination was not created, as follows:  slot 8 (TNC), port 1-1 (OC3), EID-3239 The overhead termination is invalid.

The sfp is ONS-SE-155-1510

thanks.

3 Replies 3

FaisalAlBandar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Garth Salmon,

Have you created the required Internal Patchcords?

If not, go to Node View, click on Provisioning, from the left panel choose WDM-ANS, select Internal Patchcords, click Create, and create the proper patchcord from your SFP port to the OSC port on the optical card. 

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for the reply - the internal patch cords were completed already the problem was when I set this up I only had one TNC card and originally there was TSC cards in the box so I upgraded the one TSC to a TNC but I believe (didn't have time to confirm) since I didn't delete the TSC (that was not present) it wouldn't allow the OSC to be created and gave that error once I delete the TSC card then the OSC was allowed.

Ah, well that makes sense. I didn't have enough information about your setup and so I just came up with the most basic solution I could think of. Glad everything worked out fine for you. Keep connecting people!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: